Thursday, January 14, 2016

My introduction to all my loyal followers - and professor

Hello! 

Now if you're reading this, you're either a loyal follower, a wandering blogger, or a professor/TA of ENT3003. 

Either way, thanks for reading! 


I’m a second year journalism student, covering Student Government for the Alligator this semester. This past fall semester, I was able to intern at the Naples Daily News because I met a senior at UF who pushed me to send an email. Because of that moment, I able to land the internship.

I’m from Naples, Florida, where you’re rich and retired or you serve the rich and retired. The public school system there is… difficult about getting information from as a journalist, which I’m learning as I’m working on a story about a bus driver. 
Let's see. I've been to Spain, Thailand and Mexico, each for different reasons. I went to Spain last August with friends, but Thailand was two years ago, where I traveled abroad to help small communities out. My mother is from Mexico, so we go one every five years to see family. 
I love traveling. It's a dream of mine, and I hope to combine that with my passion of sharing the stories of others through journalism. 
I like to play soccer, I’m bilingual and I’m still reading the Harry Potter series. I'm a fairly straightforward person because I have a deep appreciation for the truth. Does my hair look like a mess? Thank you for telling me! 
If you have any story ideas, or just know someone with an interesting story, I'd love to hear about them. 
I'm always looking for colorful people to write about and share to the world. I'm all ears, all the time. 
Also, here's a picture of my absolute favorite animal and me. 
Thailand, 2013. The day I fell in love with creatures 10 times my size.
(Photo credits to Lauren Elyce).

No comments:

Post a Comment