Sunday, January 17, 2016

Week 2 reading reflection

Before I started reading the first chapter, I was preparing myself for a dull, lengthy chapter. I can honestly say I was happily surprised by how interesting the material was. Also, how much of an easy read it was.
I was confused about the macro and micro school of thoughts.
If I could ask the author a question, I would ask: out of all the characteristics he listed for entrepreneurs to have, which one does he think is the most important to becoming a successful entrepreneur?

The author, Donald F. Kuratko, idolizes entrepreneurs. And while he may be right, I think that’s very much an opinion. It can be argued that the conditions for entrepreneurship, free enterprise and capitalism, also create a polarized world of the rich and entrepreneurial and the poor. While the entrepreneur does need to be hardworking and an aggressive catalyst for change, I don’t think all them are good. A lot of people just want to find a way to make easy money, which hurts everyone else. I disagree with on the author also on the point that anyone can be an entrepreneur. While it does take a lot of time and energy, opportunity is a key to becoming a successful entrepreneur. And if you have a family of entrepreneurs, you have an easier chance of having the opportunity to become an entrepreneur. 

No comments:

Post a Comment