Sunday, January 24, 2016

Week 3 Reading Reflection

1. For me, the biggest surprise in the reading was seeing that the field of entrepreneurship was shifting because of women becoming a part of it. As the author of the texbook writes, “As a result of the growing number of female entrepreneurs, companies are now examining the ethics of caring.” I didn’t realize that women were affecting the field in a way that kind of challenged the traditional, masculine field.

2. If I could ask the author a question, I’d ask: “In his experience with entrepreneurship, has he seen that following the ‘code of conduct’ has led to entrepreneurs having good business? Does it make a difference?” Because business people in suits have a bad reputation of being the 1 percent, so I wonder, how many of them are morally good people?


3. I disagree with the author about the Entrepreneurial Fear 101. I think anyone who is passionate about what they do can have a similar self-inflicted fear that has a lot to do with failure. As a journalist, I lost sleep over fact errors, and getting things right. I always wonder, when I turn in an article: did I spell that name right? Did I make sure to understand the meaning of the person’s words? As a journalist, I get the trust of people I talk to. It’s my job to get it right. And I think that goes for everyone who works in a field that they're very passionate about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment