Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 3

Hey there!
Below, you'll find my Elevator pitch.






So? What I found was, a lot of students care about this issue. I mean, as Gainesville's population continues to grow, as a direct result of UF's population growing, urban sprawl is going to be an issue. We need to find ways to implement UF's mission of sustainability in everything we do. That is why my company, Your Next Destination, is the way to go. Maybe I'm bias, but I think my idea is a good way to follow through with UF's mission of sustainability and accommodating the needs of students.

I changed my concept of building outwards. The plan was to create a lot horizontally, to have a metro system running through it, but I found that it isn't possible. Gainesville is facing an issue of growth. In order to avoid creating more problems, we'll need to build skyward.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Melissa great job. My only criticism would be that you did not look at the camera and you said um a lot. Otherwise your idea and pitch was great. It seems parking is a hot topic. My idea is also a parking garage. You can check out my pitch at http://jackiepanetta.blogspot.com/2016/03/elevator-pitch-no-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi melissa, hope your semester is going great!

    So down to business. Delivery-wise, I thought you did a decent job. Eye contact and flow are minor things to work on, but you had a very engaging presentation. Idea-wise, I think that you did well in changing your plan. The parking system definitely needs a more innovative approach. Good job, keep on grinding, and have a great day.

    Follow my blog for friendship and ENT3003 wisdom #teamfollowback

    Jumpman Jumpman Jumpman them blogs up to somethin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa,
    I think you did a good job with the delivery of your pitch, you tried using body language and gestures to make yourself more confident. I am a bit confused with the actual business plan though. Im not sure if you're meaning to try and build the parking lot upward but if you are, its structural integrity would be compromised if it was torn up. I admire your desire to be innovative and sustainable, I think you have a good idea on your hands. Please check out my post here http://jdasher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa,
    Great pitch and body image. You were interactive and well spoken. I think learning the minor details that we do out of nervousness has helped me at least get better at interviewing people and giving these elevator pitches for this class. I am also happy to hear that the feedback received so far has led you to come up with the product. Sometimes it is hard to change your idea and manipulate it when concerns and criticisms come up. Your, however, were able to take those under considerations and manipulate the product to where it would have the best competitive advantage and satisfy needs.

    ReplyDelete