Sunday, April 24, 2016

Week 15 Reading Reflection

What surprised me was Vikram Akula’s approach to his business and how he was able to walk away from all of it to protect his customers. It’s also surprising that microfinance exists. It’s not typically the type of business you see portrayed in the media.
What was a little confusing to me personally was how Akula’s entrepreneurial strategy was based off of big business strategies, like that of McDonald’s and Starbucks. It’s crazy to think he was able to do some good using a type of model that other business use to make big bucks.
I’d ask Akula: “What made you want to help people in poverty in small villages? How did you keep yourself from being discouraged or being swindled?”

I don’t think Akula was really wrong about anything. I really commend Akula on building SKS to what it is, and using his power for something good. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello-

    I'm sorry to be off-topic, but I have a problem. Whenever I push a button named "new post" in the main Blogger room, all I get for a LONG time is the tab "loading". Eventually it goes into the proper screen, but this could be as long as 45 minutes! Have you ever had this problem, and do you have a way to fix it? My e-mail address is thoreaugreen@gmail.com.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    ReplyDelete