Sunday, April 3, 2016

What's Next

The Existing Market
I spoke to three UF students, who are the "existing market." I explained to them my business concept, and I asked them about where I can take it next. But none of them was comfortable being on camera.



  So after speaking to students, I thought about ways to improve my product and service. The students that I spoke to offered ways to improve the product, like having multiple stops along the way, and building skyward. One of the students also suggested creating multiple lots, like bus stops, for students who live further out. 
  Looking back, because I'm creating a product for students, listening to them is the most important process of creating a sustainable parking lot that will suit their needs. I personally don't think it would make sense to build multiple lots, but I like how other students have offered ways to improve the product. 

The New Market 
I spoke to commuters. This came to me when I was walking to my dorm, and someone in a car stopped and asked me for directions for parking. I had to direct them to the commuters lot. And I realized, people who are visiting or coming to UF are a perfect second demographic. 




What I really enjoyed about interviewing the demographic of commuters is looking at a specific need. Also, hearing from their perspective about the difficulties of parking in Gainesville, specifically UF. Tickets are not uncommon at UF, because they're not really understanding. From what I understand, it's very difficult to appeal a ticket. A lot of friends of mine don't bother, because they know they won't win. They lot will offer a cheap, easy place to park. And after parking, students or drivers will be able to get back on campus using the metro system. 


2 comments:

  1. Hello Melissa!
    I think it is actually funny that your business idea is related to parking at UF. So is mine! I think parking a UF is a huge problem, and we do not really consider it until we are here and have to deal with it daily. My idea offers a carpooling service, because I think that we have more than enough cars at the school at the moment, and we should encourage people to share a ride, rather than to take their own cars!
    Feel free to check out my blog here:
    http://theroadtoentrepreneurship.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The parking situation at UF affects a ton of people. Even the students who don't drive themselves are still affected when they come to campus with a friend who drives. I think you have a huge local market to cater to, which can help you if you incorporate ride sharing services into your venture. That being said, any change in the parking situation on campus is probably progress. Here is the link to my blog: http://theentrepreneurperspective.blogspot.com.es/2016/04/whats-next.html

    ReplyDelete